Tips of the Trade is our quarterly safety bulletin that’s delivered straight to your email inbox. It contains safety tips that are pertinent to anyone working around electric and natural gas utility lines—whether you use heavy equipment or handheld tools. Sign up for Tips of the Trade today and begin receiving these critical safety reminders! Sign up today.
Check out some of our past Tips:
- Play it safe: Follow this “SAFE 8” directional-drilling checklist
- Overhead and underground safety practices
- Using Trenchless Technology
- Understanding the tolerance zone
- Overhead power line clearances
- Hand-digging, downed power line, and other safety practices
- Recognizing and responding to natural gas leaks
- If equipment contacts overhead power lines
- Safe Hand-Digging Practices
- Supporting and Protecting Exposed Pipelines
- Be Alert for Cross Bores
- Safe Manual Excavation and Safe Digging Practices
- Don’t Rely on Your Nose Alone!
- Basic Facts About Electricity
- If You Suspect a Natural Gas Leak
- Are Overhead Power Lines Insulated? NO!